Thursday, February 3, 2011

Treasure Hunt

So yesterday was an interesting day. I forgot my keys at home and got locked out until James was able to get home. So basically I had 2 hours to wait. So I went to DQ for supper and while there I was thinking "what I'm I gonna do?" So I said, "God, if you wanna give me a divine encounter I'd be cool with that." So immediately I thought of this thing called "Treasure Hunting." I learned about it in a book by Kevin Dedmond. Basically you build up a treasure map by asking God to give you clues. Your treasure is people. From my experience you just write down the first thing that comes to your head and go with it. So right after I figured I'd do this in my spare time, sitting in DQ, I took note of my next things that entered my mind. I didn't question them, I just went with the first thing I thought of. I got Red Jacket, Dark Hair, In the hallway in the Arts building under the Library, Girl, and Sprained Ankle. They seemed really random, but I thought whatever I have an hour and am up for an adventure.

So I went to the location that I got in my list. I walked through and saw a guy in a red jacket walking by, but that was about it. Then I had this feeling I should wait at the computers in that hallway. So I did. I didn't pay much attention to people walking past because I figured if God wanted it to happen it would. Then just as I was surfing the net I randomly looked up and to my shock and amazement I saw this girl in bright red jacket, with dark hair, on crutches walking past. I was speechless and she walked by.

Now I had a decision. First point - cool God talked to me. That's crazy! Second point - Now God wants me to act on this divine encounter He set up. Crap. Now I get to look like I'm insane. Whatever. So I followed her. Not creepy like, just kinda walked slowly. On the elevator I was close to her and said "Ankle?" She was like "Yeah." Now Im like okay God certainly is in this, because I mean without God what are the odds of all that coming together within 1/2 an hour?

She was with a bunch of people so I kinda wanted to wait till she was a little more alone. I like to say its because then she would feel more comfortable, but really I didn't want to look crazy in front of lots of people. So once outside it was just her and one other. I figured it was now or never. So I went up to her and said, "You might think I'm crazy, but" and then I told her how God spoke to me about her being there at that exact time. I told her that Jesus loves her so much that He sent me here to tell her so, and that He wanted show that love by healing her ankle right now. I told her I wasn't gonna try to convert her to Christianity, I just wanted to see her ankle healed. I told her that when I pray for people they get healed, which is true. Then I asked her if I could pray for her ankle and have it healed. She looked at me as if I was crazy, which some of you reading this may be thinking as well, and said, "No thank you." At that I said, "Alright" and simply walked away.

No comments: